Ready to Lose Your Glasses? Ten suggestions for picking a LASIK or Laser Vision CorrectionThe world of ophthalmology is one of the fastest progressing fields of medicine. Never ever before have many new methods and clinical developments emerged in such a short period of time. LASIK surgical treatment, which uses an excimer laser to reshape the cornea, offers countless individuals the opportunity to decrease or remove their need for glasses or contacts .
Tv and radio ads are filled with incredible stories about LASIK surgery as the fast and painless method to fix vision, but stories are also appearing about individuals for whom it was less than successful. Before you opt to go under the beam, what can you do to assist make sure that you will be delighted with your results?
The key to safe surgery in any field of medication is an informed patient. Take a little time and research the LASIK center you are considering for laser eye surgical treatment. Dr. Robert K. Maloney, voted by his peers as one of America's Top Ten vision correction surgeons in a national study by Ophthalmology Times, offers the following guidelines to quality care and treatment.
1. Find a medical professional by getting recommendations from other doctors or from clients who have had LASIK or laser vision correction.
Do not be deceived by fancy advertisements about a specific laser. Choose the medical professional, not the laser.
3. Choose a i loved this medical professional who has actually done at least 5,000 LASIK or eye laser surgeries. Exactly what a medical professional does not know can harm you.
Ask for details on your doctor's LASIK eye surgery complication rates. If your medical professional will not tell you, find another one.
5. Ask what measures are required to prevent infection. Look for a center with a dust-free or sterilized operating room. Make sure that disposable parts are not reused. Insist that your eye is thoroughly sanitized, and firmly insist that the surgical instruments be sterilized prior to your eye laser surgery to eliminate the threat of transmission of HIV or hepatitis.
6. Beware of advertisements pressing "low expense" LASIK surgical treatment. Discount rate surgical treatment is as great as a discount rate parachute. The potential cost savings are not worth the threat of receiving less than skilled care!
Anticipate to see extremely well after LASIK, but don't expect to see perfectly. As with my link any eye laser surgical treatment, results are as individual as each patient. Beware of any doctor who promises 20/20 vision.
If you feel like you're getting a difficult sell, you probably are. You're not buying a vehicle; this is real LASIK eye surgical treatment.
9. Implantable lenses will probably provide much better vision than LASIK if your level of nearsightedness is more than -11 or so. Consider waiting up until the brand-new lenses are readily available. Ask your doctor about them and other current advances.
10. While you examine, do not lose sight of the advantages: for most individuals, a lifetime of bad vision can be cured in 5 minutes. LASIK eye surgery has actually enhanced the vision of countless people you can try this out around the world.